Wednesday, December 10, 2008

No. 3, Block F, Jalan Fryers, Perumahan Keretapi Tanah Melayu, Ipoh, Perak.

I wonder if any of the active Hindraf members is my friend, ... from yesteryears? 7 out of 10 of us kids growing up in the Railway Quarters in the 60s/70s are Indians, therefore, basically I had more Indian friends than I did Malay ones.

My dad sent me to Tarcisian Convent where Indians and Chinese made up 90% of each class. I wonder if any of the Chinese who are insisting on vernacular education these days is one of my friends then?!

For the longest time I felt really felt bad that my race, the Malays are purportedly discriminating my friends who are the Chinese and Indians. Now, I'm not sure anymore. Could it be that these friends of mine are doing injustice to themselves?!!

Orang Melayu Kedah kata, "Tak dak penyakit, nak cari penyakit". I say, "Janganlah penyakit di cari ambik".

WaAllahu'alam.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi,

i was born in 1967, lived in railway quarters jalan spooner in ipoh and i went to school in TCS from 1974 (std 1) to 1984 (form 5). continued on with my form six in RPS.

u have to email me.... we might know each other :)

i am a malaysian of indian descent but no i'm not an hindraf member but i do support the opposition cause.