Tuesday, December 16, 2008

HALAL TUBE & COOL PREACHERS

I stumbled upon Halal Tube some months back and have been following some of the speakers quite regularly. It is actually quite intriguing to listen to these Muslim reverts and many a times, I feel so very embarrassed at myself, that I was born a Muslim but am getting `taught' about my religion from people who have embraced Islam only as adults.

Whilst I find that there had been much compromises in delivering the true teachings of Islam by most scholars in this country (unfortunately, due to political reasons), the champions of Islam in the Western countries like the United States do not cut corners, are very cut and dry albeit not in a condescending way and are so cool.

I suspect if I wanted my teenage children to start getting deeper into the religion (as they should, sigh!), they will find these Western speakers highly inspirational. After all, everything Western is so cool to them.

No comments: